Pre-adsc

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Chrisswan, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Chrisswan

Chrisswan New Member

Alright lads, pretty much i have my PRE-ADSC in a weeks time today. I am going to do the usual two days off before and drink loads of water,and stretch, which i do anyway. but i was just wondering if there is any other little tips and hints people have to offer me?

(i know its not as hard as PRMC but i still want to do the best i can)
  2. corybb

corybb Member

Pre-ADSC is pretty simple to be honest mate!

On mine, we did 2mins max press-ups, followed by 2mins max situps. After this, we did the jerry can carry, which was what you'd expect a jerry can carry to be! We then did the 1.5 mile run, with a half mile warm up jog/walk beforehand. Then onto team tasks.

No tips really! They didn't give us the chance to stretch before the run, which I normally do, so if you're the same try and get some stretches in. Also, pipe up on the team tasks, don't sit at the back as they'll pick up on it and just push you to the front and make you talk!

Have fun :bigsmile:
  3. X-Sleeman

X-Sleeman Member

Alright pal. I'm also going for the Paras and I have my PRAC at the beginning of January. To be honest PRE-ADSC is easy as learning 123. It's just so they can see how your fitness is coming along and judge weather you're ready to proceed in your application. Depending on where you have yours, everyone is different; for example I only done the 1.5 mile best effort, Jerry can carry and a couple team tasks and that was the session. Obviously don't attend if your running isn't up to scratch because you need to be hitting the acceptable time.

Just go over and be confident and give 100%
  4. jm745

jm745 Loafing Member

:iagree:. I had my TA ADSC and we were told if you're seen to be taking the lead they may take you off the next team task so others can have a go at taking the lead. After managing most of the 1st one I was taken off the 2nd one, then co-managed the 3rd one with another lad. Was told I did very well at selection, mainly fitness and the team tasks, and was told to think about going for Officer.
  5. corybb

corybb Member

Yeah, me and another lad were told to keep quiet on the second team task, and some of the quieter guys were put in charge! Just make sure you have some input, or get your ideas across and you'll be fine. Some very quiet guys on mine so wasn't hard to get heard!
  6. Chrisswan

Chrisswan New Member

cheers guys, yeah tbh im not really worried about the phys part as i would like to think i am quite fit, to be honest, i have never really timed a 1.5 miler because it was always 3 miles for the marines so i never bothered, so im planning on just smashing it as hard as i can for selection. ( easier said than done)